Vine has been updated to finally bring its videos to Apple Watch users, along with a brand new audio-focused feature as well.
On Tuesday, November 24, Vine’s iOS app was officially updated to version 4.4.0. With the update, the company has brought support for the Apple Watch, letting users peer into two distinct feeds of content, as well as adding a new Complication to get to that content even faster on their wrist.
From the Watch, Vine users will be able to view videos that they’ve favorited, as well as check out new Vines that have been loaded up within the “Featured” category. On top of that, users will be able to Like and Revine a video right from the Watch app. For the users that want to keep track of their profile statistics, the new Apple Watch Complication will allow users to see their account’s total loops, and open up the app right from the Complication.
The update also includes other new features, like the ability to simply swipe left on a Vine to get to a new Vine.
There’s a new Audio Remix feature as well, which will let users quickly create their own Vine from the audio of another video.
Here’s the full breakdown:
What’s New in Version 4.4.0
With this release, we’re introducing Audio Remix, a new way to view similar Vines, and Vine for Apple Watch.
Remixes are an essential part of Vine, and we’ve made it easier to make and discover them.
– Tap “…” on any Vine and select “Make an audio remix” to create a Vine using the audio from that post.
– You can also find remixes faster. Tap the music note on a post to see track or sound info, and then tap the arrow at the top of your feed to see remixes with the same audio.
SWIPE FOR SIMILAR VINES
– Swipe left on any post to see more Vines
You can now use Vine on your Apple Watch.
– Watch posts from the creators you’ve selected as a Favorite, or check out hand-selected Vines in the “Featured” feed.
– Like and Revine directly from the app.
– Use our watch face complication to see your account’s total loops and quickly access the app right from the watch face.
Here’s how to add the Vine complication:
Hold firmly on the screen until you can select a watch face. Choose one with complications, then tap “Customize”, select the space where you want to see your account’s loops, and scroll through the various options until you reach “Vine”.
The new update for Vine for iOS is available now, and a link to the free app is available below.