A new version of WhatsApp has been released. This time, it's the version 2.12.166, which came with some improvements and bug fixes. Unfortunately, we didn't see anything new feature on this new version, but you can check it out by installing it on your Android device.
– No additional fee: The WhatsApp application is using the internet connection to receive and send data, which means that you will not have to pay any additional fee for sending messages, making voice calls etc.;
– Ability to send and receive media files: you can send voice and video files;
– No international charges: Do you have a WhatsApp friend that live in another country? Well, don't worry, because you can send him/her files, messages and even make Voice Calls without paying anything else;
– No need to login: After you will get verified on your WhatsApp account (via your mobile phone number) you will be able to just open the application and get automatically into your WhatsApp account;
– Offline messages: In case you get messages while you are disconnected from the internet, don't worry, because the messages will be stored on WhatsApp's servers and once you open your WhatsApp application, you will automatically receive all the messages you've lost while being offline.
How to install WhatsApp 2.12.166 BETA on your Android device
Before you download the WhatsApp 2.12.166 APK file on your Android device, you will need to make sure that the Unknown Sources feature is enabled. To check if the feature is enabled, go to Settings->Applications or Settings->Security. In case the box in the left of the option is not checked, check it.
After that, you will need to make a backup of your WhatsApp conversations and uninstall the current WhatsApp application from your Android device. Now, open the browser that you use on your Android device, head to whatsapp.com/android and download the WhatsApp 2.12.166 APK on your device.
Now, since you have Unknown Sources enabled (the feature that allows you to install APK files that you've downloaded from a third party source), you will be able to install the WhatsApp 2.12.166 APK file and start using it on your Android device. Enjoy!